Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Can he fix it?

I've decided to purchase a cement mixer in time for next season's root mix preparation. I'm thinking that in order to improve upon the uniformity of my long carrots in particular I need to ensure all nutrients, sand and composts are thoroughly mixed. Doing this by hand is turning out to be a hit and miss affair and is also taking its toll on the Smithyveg backbone.

So with the help of Ebay and email alerts as soon as any new second hand mixers are listed i'm hoping to have one installed at Smithyveg Towers before next Spring. If there are any retiring Bob the Builders out there looking to get rid of theirs (very cheaply!) then let me know!

However, i'd prefer one that isn't the standard orange colour as i've just had a most disconcerting experience. I walked in on my 23 year old daughter coating herself in fake tan whilst listening to music. She looked like a satsuma and i've gone right off the colour!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi I'll have you know I'm a golden brown colour!!

Richard W. said...

Smiffy

You'll just have to find somewhere else to hide it in future.

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show there is more way to skin a cat and hard to prove which one is best. I have a cement mixer and was thinking of doing by hand this year as per Graeme Watson's method. Now you have me thinking again

Geoffrey Trueman said...

You'll not get one for £20 you tight get !!!
Manual mixing for you for eternity.

ontheplot said...

Why not hire one from homebase £14.00 for the weekend