Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

♫I was speeding through the subway......♫

We're currently in London for a few days doing the tourist thing. I have to say the place is looking a whole lot smarter than I remember although there is still a lot of frantic activity presumably with the Olympics in mind. Let's hope they award the Games to Huddersfield before too long!

Yesterday we went on the London Eye which was well worth the wait and the cost. Today it's Madame Tussauds where most of the dummies still have more life than Messrs Unsworth and Bastow. Then tonight we're going to see Shrek the musical. I understand Dave Thornton has a leading role in this.

And well done to Darren Blick who won Southern Branch yesterday with long carrots in his first ever show which is some achievement when you consider that the great Jim Thompson was 2nd.

♫At the moment of surrender......♫

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Smithy
I am in London for a few days next week, doing exactly the same as yourself
We will be staying in the Hilton Trafalgar which has an excellent roof top bar where you can see the whole of London from a high, while getting pissed. Like I say to the wife, we don't need to go out anywhere and sight see now

chris the gardener said...

i'm glad my name wasn't mentioned (yet),maybe i've been too quiet.Simon are you going to Bakewell next week?. If I have anything ready I'll be staging around 6.30 on wednsday morning and hope to see you there.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I may well do Bakewell Chris as I am off work that day. I'll see what I have the day before. Might see you there.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever plant the Harlequin cherry toms you mentioned in the back end---if so, what do you think of them?, please..

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Yes I did and i'll post a pic soon. Nice looking fruits but the plants have a weird habit. The leaves really curl up and twist far more than on any other tommy i've ever grown. Nice fruits though and very tasty.

Anonymous said...

Yes, my Harlequins are exactly as you describe---weird foliage and growing habit, but the fruits look a nice---haven't a ripe one yet.