Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Heather's taken over!!

First day of looking after dad's garden. I know you'll be checking this in Rhodes so I'll try to keep this updated as best I can!

Anyway we've had loads and loads of rain over the past two days so it's been quite easy for me today. I just gave the greenhouses a good drenching of water...that's ok isnt it?! Lol not!! I watered the tomatoes, aubergines and something else (forgotten what it was but it was whatever was on the list!!) with the red mixture.

Hope its not too hot there and you're not having too much fun!

Anyway must dash....people are arriving...musics blaring...booze is a flowin'.........

5 comments:

Richard W. said...

Is that right, those 'Winston' potatoes made great chips.

I bet that casserole was good with all those shallots and carrots in it.

mistyhorizon2003 said...

Is that the stuff in the red watering can marked "weedkiller" by the way?? LOL, whoops if so!

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I know she's not really having a party....my spies have reported back to me!.

8 more things I've discovered here in Rhodes.

1) I enjoy lying on my back doing f*** all very much. I've found I'm very good at it.
2) When served greek food you have to get over the fact that it looks like something the cat has regurgitated and a large bird has then crapped upon. If you can (and you must if you are not to go starving) you are rewarded with a taste sensation.
3) Why do British men insist on throwing football's to each other in the pool and invariably cannot catch them, but merely deflect them into some poor toddlers mush or some veg grower who is minding his own business trying to read his Bill Bryson. W*nkers.
4) Is there anything more humiliating than being gleefully in the land of nod, the warm sun lapping your gorgeously toned hunk of British veg growing manlihood, than to be poked and woken with the words 'Dad, you're snoring again!' and observing several genuinely gorgeous and toned young studs and lasses gawking at the dribble on your chin?
5) I still can't count.

Richard W. said...

I know she's not really having a party....my spies have reported back to me!.

They'd be all the ones she bribed to lie with casserole & chips and the contents of your booze cupboard. LOL

Anonymous said...

Anyone would think that he wasn't having a good time! Just call him Victor as in Victor Meldrew from now on.....