Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

More sowings....

...got a sowing of peppers on the go tonight. Some hot chilli peppers, 'Peach Habanero' which will hopefully be a welcome addition to my trugs, and a sweet pepper 'Luteus', a large blocky type which has performed well in the past for me.

My celery 'Evening Star' which I sowed over a week ago germinated today, but I'm still waiting for 'Kilaton' cabbage to pop through. I've sown this early in the hope of having some to exhibit at a show in early July. In the next couple of weeks I shall be sowing cucumbers, carrots, peas and spuds with a view to being able to exhibit at this very early show. I have a few ideas how to grow carrots and spuds this early...more on this in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me why Frank Lampard plays so well for Chelsea, but plays like Frank Spencer for England?

4 comments:

Dan said...

Perhaps the £1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 yearly pay cheque he gets for kicking a ball around at Chelski makes him a little less patriotic ?
They're just all a load of spoilt overpaid primadonna whingeing soft tossers.
I hope they get knocked out in the 1st round in the World Cup.
The thought of any of those monosallybic numpties getting a knighthood or similar if they did manage to win the world cup would do my head in.
So come on Slovenia,Algeria and even USA.

Dan said...

This wasn't me !

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Same sentiments shared though? LOL

Dan said...

Oh no,definately not.
I,like you,am a huge fan of Steven Gerrard. ;-)