Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hathern 2009

I won 7 red cards today at Hathern (tut...2 short of my prediction!). I'm not quite sure how I managed it but I also picked up 6 trophies in the process, including one entitled Hathern Master Gardener which I won for the first time at my 13th attempt! It calls for a dish of veg (I had a plate of 5 gleaming white Winston spuds) and a vase of flowers (I chose dahlia Mary's Jomanda). My thanks to the 'git from Humberside' for giving me the wrong plants in the Spring. If anything I think I prefer them to the ordinary terracotta Jomanda. Here I am celebrating with a pint of tonic water....honest!






















I also claimed the best exhibit in the veg classes for these long carrots....despite a little carrot fly damage.






















Personally I would have given it to my Cederico tomatoes which I thought were superb....even if I say so myself!







3 comments:

git from humberside said...

congrats. pleased i was of assistance to you. nice to see that you had had a shave since i saw you at the leicester show on sunday mid morn. no doubt will see you at leicester show later today when i am sure you will have further successes to report on.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Well now....I never count my chickens!

Yes I shall see you later. No doubt you will be taking further orders for your 'Pot Luck Dahlia' business???

Veg4Show said...

Great year for tomatoes (at least for us) quality set there.