Search This Blog

Thursday, May 03, 2012

How ****ing much???

Since I was a kid i've always been fascinated by Edvard Munch's painting 'The Scream', of which he did several versions. One of his early pastel sketches fetched £106,000,000 at auction last night.




He often painted in a trance like state and was considered quite mad by many, but I was inspired to produce my own version as a tribute and have come up with the sketch below. I'm not sure what it means but who knows....one day it may also be worth millions.

4 comments:

Richard W. said...

Do you take American Express?

The 2012 Pea Champion said...

Very good Mr S - I am really impressed by how quickly Oscar has grasped the concept of painting and being good at something - unlike his "impressionist" grandpa - Even with your painted peas I can still see the mildew on them - and the fact that a judge must have been nobbled to give you such a coveted award - perhaps you should ask Oscar for some tips - on growing peas as well!!

Mr Rob said...

Your information re the price is a bit exagerated, it sold for $119.9m or £74m.
I have not posted on your blog before but being an allotment gardener myself, albeit not at your level, I always read your blog and have gained many useful tips from it. Keep it up.
Rob (also in Leicestershire)

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I heard £106m on the radio but whatever. It was still way too much for a sketch done by crayons!

Mr Stocks......did I get your kilt clan colours about right? With knees like that no wonder you don't wear one! I shall be taking steps to bench peas at Malvern one way or another.....even if I have to grow Dorian! Not to your standard but just to prove I can bloody do it!