Search This Blog

Saturday, May 05, 2012

For peat's sake!

I'm glad I'm off to warmer, drier? climes for a few days as this incessant rain is really starting to piss me off. I managed to get 15 bags of Kestrel spuds planted up but ran out of peat which is something else that pisses me off. The litreage denoted on the bags indicated to me that I should have been able to fill 20! No matter though, i've taken a chill pill and will have to finish off my spuds in a couple of weekends time. I'm not fussed as I always do my show spuds mid to late May anyhow.

As last year I reduced each 'seed' to two shoots by gouging out all the others, digging into the flesh of the spud to ensure the shoot couldn't resprout. I tried to leave strong shoots at opposite sides or ends of the tuber thus;

1 comment:

Tefal said...

Mirror mirror on the wall,who's got the biggest baldest forehead of them all ?