Search This Blog

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Bad wind

Best laid plans and all that! I was hoping to start emptying and refilling my carrots beds and drums today but instead I shall have to be cutting up this sumach tree which was blown over during last night's gales.
Luckily it fell away from my conservatory or I wouldn't like to think what damage might have been done. Just moments before it came down I'd decided to take the dog out on the front for it's nightly constitutional rather than the back lawn. It just shows what a fine line we all tread and my decision ensured there is still chance of an english pea champion at this year's National.

4 comments:

Damo said...

That could have been a nasty one!

mistyhorizon2003 said...

Wow, you don't think your growing rivals are trying to booby trap your garden do you???

Anonymous said...

"It just shows what a fine line we all tread and my decision ensured there is still chance of an english pea champion at this year's National"

Do you have more room for your peas now then Smithy?
Or do you think Ian was hoping that the competition would be taken out?

Could he even be behind the tree coming down?

Ian S said...

I would love to say I had nobbled the competition but you have to be a competitor first for me to do that- is that really what you call a tree in Leicestershire Simon??(looks a bit small to clobber a big guy like you??)