Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scots wha hae

In deference to my Scottish pals on Burns night this was my dinner tonight, a plate of haggis, tatties and peas (non championship strain!). And very nice it was too!





















A mixed day for the Scots today however as Scottish football pundit Andy Gray was sacked from Sky Sports for his disgraceful comments on female assistant referee Sian Massey. Such sexism has no place in today's society and Andy Grey will do well to read the match referee's comments "Sian made a superb job of ironing my shirt before the match and the sandwiches she made at half time were absolutely delicious!". Sian was due to officiate at tonight's Crewe v. Bradford game but had to pull out as it's her period.


Meanwhile my Vento onions are causing me some concern as they are very slow to germinate. The seed comes encased in a little green ball that is some form of fungicide but i'm convinced it hinders germination as I've had this problem in the past. They are coming through slowly but very sparsley. The other tray is Red Baron onions sown yesterday. Both trays are on the kitchen table next to a radiator at night and are transferred to the windowsill during the day.


12 comments:

chris the gardener said...

i think shes doing the catering for hudds game on sunday but im sure arson might find some ironing to do whill shes free time nd they were lucky tonite see you on sunday boys

chris the gardener said...

2/0 down and then win 3/2 they didnt have a female ref

Anonymous said...

no they had a ref who has never reffed a game for them where they have lost! something to think about heh?

Richard W. said...

Same issue with my Vento onions. Every batch of onions I've sown has germinated strongly and evenly, but Medwyn's encased seeds are very erratic and the resultant seedlings dont look as strong as the untreated varieties. Early days, I guess.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Man Utd rarely lose so OF COURSE there aren't many refs that have seen Man U lose dipshit!

We sometimes like to give the opposition a 2 goal lead for a challenge! Lol

Wmff said...

I'm having the same trouble with my vento onions i bought from Medwyn. Mine are in an electric propogator in the greenhouse since the 16th but no sign of them yet.

Unknown said...

Re the Vento, very poor germination from mine and the ones that have were been dragged down by the blue stuff on the end I have had to cut it off so that they stand upright I have managed 20 so far from 2 sowings.

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same problem with my Golden Bear, I thought it was just me

Anonymous said...

Just so that it is clear I did not serve up that dinner, it looks disgusting!

mistyhorizon2003 said...

I have to agree, that dinner looks like a large heap of rabbit droppings on a plate.... or at best a plate of manky brown seaweed. Ughhhh

Anal Ailment Research Centre said...

Do you still have some of that dinner left over?

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Tut, Philistines! No wonder the Scots hate us!

It may look like a plate of shite but it tastes delicious! Try it!