Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

Parsnips progressing nicely

Whilst my carrots have been causing me concern there appear to be no such problems (as yet!) with my parsnips growing in drums. I noticed a single greenfly at the weekend so gave all the plants a quick zap with some ‘Have that you little b*st*rds-icide’. Apart from the water that falls from the sky they won’t be watered from now on to encourage the tap root to go straight down in search of moisture. There should be enough feed in the bore hole mix to see them through the season.

1 comment:

Veg4Show said...

After the amount of rain we have had i doubt they would need any water for a few years now.

Ive had greenfly since decemeber on my shallots and under my grow lights and now they have moved to my celery, they have become imune to liquid deris.

Your parsnips are looking good, ive had slight pest damage in the last week so I've been spraying mine aswell.