Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Purple carrots



This season I grew the carrot variety 'Purple Haze' which I used in my basket and trug displays as a novelty. They grew well although I sowed them quite late so they didn't grow to any great size (the ones in the pic above are only about 6" long). However, there was no sign of any disease or pest damage and they were very tasty. Although purple on the outside they were the usual orange colour on the inside.






I know they can be grown to reasonable lengths so it would be interesting to see them up against orange carrots on the showbench. If all other attributes (condition and size) were similar could the judge view them objectively against a set of orange carrots? I may have a go next year at growing them in drums and see what happens.






p.s.


F.A.O. Charnw**d B*ro*gh Council traffic wardens.....I get my Xmas bonus this week......shall it give you all my F*cking money now or do you

No comments: