Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2007

A missed trick


This is my greenhouse at the end of November showing a lot of tomatoes still in reasonable condition despite the ravages of blight and not being watered for several weeks. What with global warming (according to Lord Jeremy of Clarkson our climate will be akin to the south of France in 25 years....bring it on!) I need to think about future opportunities to keep harvesting salad veg well in to the autumn. As my last show is in early October I have been guilty of believing that to be the end of my gardening activites and shutting up shop so to speak. This year didn't help as our extension work started in September and we've been busy with that ever since but I want to try and make a New Year resolution to try and get as much veg out of my garden next season as possible. This means making as many sowings as possible of things like lettuce throughout the season and to keep on top of the harvesting of tomatoes

No comments: