Search This Blog

Thursday, July 05, 2007

No more rain.......pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!



This is getting serious now. It's been raining on and off for about a month it seems with little sunshine to offset the gloom. If we get sun now I think we'll be in for some superb exhibits on the show bench but much more and things are going to just sit still and rot. My long carrots are looking particularly sorry for themselves and I wonder whether they will produce long tapering specimens as the sand is so saturated meaning that they have no real need to go down in search of moisture. Time will tell.





My cabbages however have really perked up. A few weeks ago they seemed to be suffering some form of virus attack with yellow, veiny foliage. However, I also thought it might just be magnesium deficiency and so watered with a solution of epsom salts. Lo and behold.....all foliage is now a nice, bright green colour.





The pic shows my Brigadier cabbages in a raised bed next to the waterlogged path next to my garage

No comments: