Search This Blog

Friday, September 01, 2006

Another weekend, another show.







This weekend is my 'home' show....the one for which I have the most involvement, being on the 'Hort.Soc' committee. It's quite a large event in the village of Sutton Bonington and the horticultural show is just a small part of it. We get up to 4000 visitors on the day depending on the weather of course.

It's a 'closed show' in that you either have to be a villager or member of the society. I live a few miles away so had to join. On my first show 5 years ago I won the cup for most points in show which was the first time it had gone outside the village and I've won it ever since. Each year however, the locals are getting closer and closer and their exhibits have improved lots. I think it's probably now the best quality show for many miles around and I like to think I've played my part in that.

The show isn't open until Sunday but the staging and judging takes place on Saturday. I go round with the judges on Saturday afternoon and it's quite interesting to listen to them as they make their decisions........and you also pick up a few tips !

The pics above are from previous shows.

No comments: