Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This year's red cards?


Right....let's get this blog back on track! I've just got back from a long weekend walking in Scotland so now my thoughts need to turn back to gardening. I've done very little on the garden for several months so I'll need to seriously drag things back in the next few weeks. All of my seeds (see pic) have now arrived and I'm hoping there are plenty of 'red cards' within the magic sachets! But unless I prepare everything (soil/compost mixes/feeds etc) properly in the coming weeks it won't matter a jot how good the seed is so I need to get cracking.
I have a small tray of Tasco onions on the go and my shallots are potted up in the greenhouse, but that is all. I've emptied the sand out of my carrot drums and refilled them as this season I'm going to grow parsnips in them instead, and grow carots in the raised slab beds that I usually grow parsnips in. Don't ask me why......I can't really explain it! Sometimes you just have to go with a hunch.

No comments: