Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The season so far

Thought I'd write where I'm at with my sowing and growing for looking back upon in future years!

Conservatory
Tomatoes (Cederico) - through and need pricking out
Peppers - one variety (Sweet Spot) to be pricked out. 2 varieties still not through after 2 weeks
Aubergines - need pricking out
Parsley - need pricking out
Cabbages (Brigadier&Kilaxy) - just poking through
Cherry toms (Sungold & Gardener's Delight) - just poking through

Greenhouse
Kelsae onions x 20 (plants bought in)
Leeks x 20 (plants bought in)
Tasco onions - 3 trays pricked out
Centurion sets - planted in cell trays and showing green shoots
Brussels - Brilliant & Rubine
Shallots - own saved sets potted up (need planting in next 2 weeks) and Matador grown from seed.

Garden
First 2 parsnips just poking through in their prepared stations
All other veg beds dug over and ready for planting

Garage
Seed potatoes in trays chitting.



Apart from that it's still fairly early days but this weeknd will see me 'boring' holes and sowing my long carrots in drums. I have 5 large drums and grow 7 'stations' in each one. I'm off for a whole week so need to use the time wisely and get as much done as possible in the garden.....there are loads of niggling maintenance jobs to do..........in order to get ahead of myself so that I can enjoy the rest of the season.

No comments: